Say goodbye to embarrassing email moments and learn how to unsend emails on Outlook and Gmail using the following instructions #TechTipTuesday.
On Outlook, to recall a message without sending a revised message, do the following:
1. In Mail, in the Navigation Pane, click Sent Items.
2. Open the message that you want to recall.
3. On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions, and then click Recall This Message.
4. Click Delete unread copies of this message.
On Gmail, to enable undo:
1. Click the gear in the top right .
2. Select Settings.
3. Scroll down to “Undo Send” and click Enable.
4. Set the cancellation period (the amount of time you have to decide if you want to unsend an email).
5. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Those “oops” email moments are never fun. If you’re using Outlook or Gmail, you now know how to prevent them. Follow @RedOrum on Twitter or like us on Facebook and you’ll be guaranteed a new tip every Tuesday.