Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us in email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
The data we collect about you includes:
- Personal & Business data you submit to us voluntarily
- Information we have collected about you from 3rd party services (3rd party anti-fraud agencies, credit agencies, publicly accessible information)
- Statistical data usage of your account
- In some circumstances, the information you have voluntarily made publicly available
When you use RedOrum services, we may also gather other information such as:
- Technical details about the devices you use to access RedOrum services, including your internet and/or network connection (including your IP address); mobile device identifiers; your operating system, browser type or other software; your hardware details or other technical details provided by your web browser. This is technical data about our users and their actions and patterns, which does not include personal information. This is used to provide troubleshooting for our features and services which requires the knowledge of the environment in which the issue occurred.
- Details of your usage of RedOrum services, including but not limited to your movements within the client portal, statistical metrics about features you use, and so on.
- Any data or information stored and sent by the contacts/subcontacts you have under your main client account – meaning the two preceding datapoints of this subparagraph. You hereby acknowledge that you are responsible for gaining the consent of the contact/subaccount owner(s).
- Credit card details, which are in turn tokenized and encrypted for your protection.
- Any other information we may require to provide you with our services, including e-mail and phone communication, data that we may ask you in support tickets.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order.
RedOrum treats your data in the strictest of confidence. We understand the trust you have given us and under no circumstances do we intend to ever betray that trust. We will use the information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our hosting service
- To provide you with domain names as a reseller with our trusted domain partners
- To inform you of the changes and updates we process for our services and the client portal
- To communicate with you regarding past and present issues concerning your account, your website hosted at RedOrum, or any other services/products that you may have with us
- To improve and modify our service according to popular demand and trends in feature usage
- For security reasons, such as avoiding credit card fraud
3rd Party Access To Your Data
In some cases, it may be necessary for us to disclose certain details about you to a 3rd party (i.e. law enforcement or fraud protection). The information we release will only be the absolute minimum information that is required.
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties so that they can assist us in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, fraud detection and deterrence or access to advertising assets and providing us with information technology and storage services) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). Our contracts/agreements with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through one of our brands, we will pass your personal information to such third party in order for them to fulfill your order.
Legal Grounds for Data Processing
Any and all information that we gather from you is gathered on a case-to-case basis, depending on the service you require. We may also use the information we collect from your client portal activities for marketing and statistical purposes in order to improve our services and the overall client experience.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 858-368-4545.
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or look for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Internal access to your data is limited to staff privileges. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Any and all information that we gather from you is stored and processed on our secure servers or those of our trusted partners. We implement strict technological and procedural measures to keep your data secure and safe.
We only store your data for as long as we need to provide you with the services that you require, after which they are either deleted or anonymized. We may keep anonymized data regarding your invoicing (ie. the amount you paid).
At any point in time, you have the right to request that we delete or obfuscate any data that may be used to identify you as an individual. However, please bear in mind that by doing so, you may be required to cancel a part of the services that we provide you as we may not be able to provide you with that service with the corresponding data.
For emergency data recovery reasons, we have backups of our billing systems – including the data that we collect from you. These backups are stored on a separate secure server.
We recognize that we have a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children. Legally, children under 16 years of age cannot have an account with RedOrum – they would need to have a parent/guardian sign up on their behalf. We do not and will not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 16 without consent from their parent or guardian.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from a user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and shipping address), billing information and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user. We use a variety of secured services to process credit card orders. We do not collect credit card information from our customers on our servers. Information is passed to our merchant services.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Supplementation of Information
In order for this website to properly fulfill its obligation to our customers, it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from 3rd party sources. For example, if you place an order using your credit card, we may need to submit your billing information to a 3rd party for billing or verification.
Site and Service Updates
We also send the user site and service announcement updates. Members are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via e-mail or phone.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes, or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can usually be done at the member information page or by emailing our Customer Support (email@example.com).
Notification of Changes
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time, our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.