As a provider of Internet access, web site hosting, and other Internet-related services, RedOrum LLC offers its customers (also known as subscribers or clients), and their customers and users, the means to acquire and disseminate a wealth of public, private, commercial, and non-commercial information. RedOrum has developed this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”), which supplements and explains certain terms of each customer’s respective service agreements with RedOrum and sets forth certain customer rights and obligations which govern the use of RedOrum’ services.
RedOrum cannot monitor, verify, warrant, or vouch for the accuracy and quality of the information that subscribers may acquire through the internet. Subscribers must exercise their best judgment in relying on information obtained from the internet, and also should be aware that some material posted to the internet is sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. Because RedOrum cannot monitor or censor the internet and will not attempt to do so, RedOrum cannot accept any responsibility for injury to its subscribers that results from inaccurate, unsuitable, offensive, or illegal internet communications.
Because the internet is neither more nor less secure than other means of communication, including mail, facsimile, and voice telephone service, all of which can be intercepted and otherwise compromised, RedOrum recommends that its subscribers assume that all of their on-line communications are not secure. RedOrum assumes no responsibility for the security of information transmitted over through Datacenter’ facilities.
RedOrum will not intentionally monitor private electronic mail messages sent or received by its subscribers unless required to do so by law, governmental authority, or when public safety is at stake. RedOrum may, however, monitor its service electronically to determine that its facilities are operating satisfactorily. Also, RedOrum may disclose information, including but not limited to, information concerning a subscriber, a transmission made using Datacenter’ network, or a web site, in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request, warrant, statute, regulation, or governmental request. RedOrum may disclose subscriber information or information transmitted over its network where necessary to protect RedOrum and others from harm, or where such disclosure is necessary to the proper operation of the system.
The primary purpose of the RedOrum Public Network is to transmit information (packets) to and from Customer servers and data storage services. Proper use of the Public Network is to utilize the network in a way so long as Customer does not violate any local, state, or federal laws or generate harm to the network or interfere with the use of services of other users utilizing the same network.
RedOrum Private Network allows secure private network connectivity to the private backend network directly connecting Customer servers and RedOrum delivered services. Proper use of the Private Network is the upload/download of content, server administration, transmission of information between servers, transmission of information between servers and RedOrum servers, secure private administration of services, data retrieval, console access, and true out of band management of their entire IT environment.
RedOrum does not actively monitor dedicated server content for review. RedOrum believes in the free dissemination of information via our services. Dedicated server content will only be reviewed upon complaint by verified third parties or at the discretion of RedOrum. Content that does not violate local, state and federal law or the AUP is deemed in compliance and shall remain intact.
The following are prohibited activities and if a subscriber, its customers, affiliates or subsidiaries engage in any of them, then such action will be a violation of this AUP and the subscriber will be in breach of its service agreement with RedOrum. The contents, links, or actions on any Services listed below are a violation of this AUP. This is not an exhaustive list, but is designed to assist you in evaluating whether RedOrum is the appropriate service provider for you:
- Child Pornography – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Pornography Involving a Person Under Legal Age
- Copyright Infringement – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Copyright Infringed Materials
- CPU/Memory/Resource Abuse – Consuming Excessive Amount of Server Resources Causing Server Performance Issues
- Defamatory – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Defamatory, Harassing, Abusive, or Threatening Language
- DoS Source – Source of Denial of Service Attack
- DoS Target – Target of Denial of Service Attack
- Export – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Exporting Encryption Software Over the Internet or Otherwise, to Points Outside The United States.
- Forgery – Faking an IP Address, Hostname, E-Mail Address, or Header
- Fraud Site – Hosting or Linking to a Website Intended to Deceive the Public
- Hacking – Hosting, Distributing, or Accessing Illegally or without Authorization Computers, Accounts, or Networks Belonging to another Party, or Attempting to Penetrate Security Measures of Another Individual’s System
- HYIP – Hosting or Linking to a High Yield Investment Program Website
- Identity Theft – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Stolen Account Identification Information
- Infection – Hosting, Distributing or Linking to Exploits, Trojans, Viruses, or Worms
- IRC – Hosting Internet Relay Chat Server not authorized by RedOrum
- Intellectual Property – Hosting, Distributing, or Engaging in any activity that Infringes or Misappropriates the Intellectual Property Rights of Others, Software Piracy, and Patents held by Individuals, Corporations, or Other Entities.
- Mass Storage – Storing Mass Amounts of Backups, Archives, Videos, etc. not authorized by RedOrum
- PayDay Loan Sites – including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate programs, etc
- Pharmacy Sites – Sites that facilitate the sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), including but not limited to sites designated rogue on legitscript.com
- Phishing – Identify Theft by Email Under False Pretense
- Proxy Site – Hosting of or linking to an Anonymous Proxy Server
- Bulk Email – No more than 500 emails of similar content (Opt In)
- Spam E-mail – Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) or Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE)
- Spam List – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Email Address Lists for Spam
- Spam Site – A Site Advertised by Spam Email or Spam Web
- Spam Ware – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Software Designed for Spamming
- Spam Web – Unsolicited, Bulk, or Forged Site Advertisement in Web Logs, Forums, or Guestbooks
- Spamhaus – Spam Causing Blacklisting of an IP at www.spamhaus.org for Malicious Activity
- Terrorist Site – Hosting or Linking to a Site Advocating Terrorism
- Toolz – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Tools or Instructional Material on Hacking/Cracking or Other Illegal Activity
- Trademark – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Trademark, Service Marks Infringed Materials
- Warez – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Crackz, Hackz, KeyGenz, Serialz, or Pirated Software
- Any other material RedOrum judges to be threatening, illegal or obscene and determines to be harmful to its subscribers, operations, reputation, goodwill or customer relations.
When RedOrum becomes aware of any of the described prohibited activities or activities that violate any law, it may take any action to stop such activity, including, but not limited to, removing information, shutting down a web site, implementing screening software designed to block offending transmissions, denying access to the internet, terminate Services or take any other action it deems appropriate.
In addition, hosting accounts may not be resold unless the account is a Reseller account, VPS, or dedicated server. You may not resell individual services within any single account such as web space, e-mail accounts, add on domains, or mailing lists. All domains, add-on domains, and sub domains must be for sites controlled by or promoting published content or businesses that are solely controlled by the owner of the account as described above.
You may contact RedOrum’s agent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright complaints are handled pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Complaints that do not comply with the DMCA will not be processed. You are required to comply with the DMCA in using RedOrum’s Services, and presenting copyright complaints.
Because many of RedOrum’ subscribers are themselves providers of internet services to their own customers, RedOrum reserves the right to take action, as discussed herein, directly against such customers to address their unauthorized or unlawful activities, and to take action against the subscribers for their customers’ unauthorized or unlawful activities. Subscribers shall cooperate with RedOrum in any corrective or preventative action that RedOrum deems necessary.